Your Daily Mindjob
This is my personal blog where I'll offer up some political straight talk as well as thoughts on technology and pop culture. That should give me plenty to talk about. The world can give you one heck of a mindjob. Think like me and get your daily dose.

Friday, July 2, 2010

I wish I had more to say

I really wish I had more to say about the current political landscape, but with every new story comes the same tired Republican banter I've already written about. There really isn't anything for me to add. I could sit here and discuss the Kagan confirmation hearings, immigration laws, the oil spill, or even health care for that matter, but I'd keep coming back to the same point.

What point?

Republican talking points and blind followers of the fringe conservative bowel movement are front and center every day.

I'd like to be able to say I'm optimistic about our future here in America, but I am not. In fact, I feel much the same way I felt the day George W. Bush won, or rather, the day Al Gore conceded. That prediction I made about hard times ahead of us still seems to be coming true and although Barack Obama is honestly trying to dig us out, the same people who had terrified faces the night McCain lost are trying to derail everything to send us back into the tailspin we were in prior to the '08 election.

With the new Supreme Court ruling regarding firearms, I'm even more unhappy with the way this country is heading. I'm frankly scared, especially since I'm surrounded by southerners. I'm afraid we are on the brink of something very bad and very violent.

While all these things are going on behind the scenes, the ditto heads are front and center, spewing rhetoric and playing the politics game. There is no real threat of anti-incumbency. When folks like Boehner, McConnell, Graham, Vitter, and all the rest lose their cushy seats in Congress, then I'll tip my hat to the conservative anti-incumbency trend. Until then, I refuse to believe conservatives are angry enough at our elected officials to create any kind of legitimate and worthwhile positive change. They'd much rather criticize Democrats and point fingers at corruption within the Democratic party than to question members in their own ranks. Everything comes back to Obama, and in some instances, Bill Clinton. This has never been about fixing Washington. It has always been a game of winners and losers.

So when you're celebrating the 4th this week end, know that there are many other Americans ashamed of what this country has become as a direct result of the fringe conservative hijacking of our political system. We were ashamed in 2001. We had an ounce of hope in 2008 into 2009. Now we're just apathetic about moving forward because so many on the Right want to hold us back. I really wish I had more to say, but to be honest, I'm flat out terrified of anyone who claims to be conservative. They live in a completely separate reality than the rest of us, a reality that is out of touch with the real sweat and blood Americans who are in worse shape than the Tea Party crybabies.

Idiocracy, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I will not sit here and entertain the rants of just any visitor that comes along. Bloggers generally want visitors that can read a post and both improve and expand on ideas, not debate them. I am looking for comments that advance thought. Insight is more productive than an insult. Be productive, not disruptive. Adding to a discussion you disagree with in a constructive manner allows the opportunity to get a feel for a view you may not have fully understood. I can pull any chucklehead off the street who disagrees with me. Don't be a chucklehead.

Comments are moderated and will not appear until I approve them.