Your Daily Mindjob
This is my personal blog where I'll offer up some political straight talk as well as thoughts on technology and pop culture. That should give me plenty to talk about. The world can give you one heck of a mindjob. Think like me and get your daily dose.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Limbaugh Mocks Asians

In a recent broadcast by blowhard, Rush Limbaugh, he expressed commentary related to the recent visit to the White House by President Hu of China. In the midst of this commentary, Limbaugh began imitating Chinese-speak, akin to a religious televangelist speaking in tongues. The gibberish was nothing short of mockery and a California State Senator, Leland Yee, expressed himself in protest, asking advertisers to pull support and asking Limbaugh fans to boycott his show.

Shortly thereafter Yee received not only threatening faxes with noose/pick up truck imagery, but a voicemail which mocked him as an Asian-American.

Making fun of someone's culture by imitating the way they speak is both inappropriate and offensive.

To make my point, let me mock rednecks and see how well they take it.

You've no doubt heard the country music song mockery before.
My wife done left me, my truck don't work, my horse died, and my dog is the only friend I got left.

No? Not offended yet?

Okay.

What about mimicking the southern drawl?

I did dat dere done what for n ah seen mah paw n ah yell yee haw

If I did that down here, I'd have my ass in a sling.

It's called the Golden Rule. If you preach it, live by it.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=7924592

YouTube: Limbaugh/Chinese
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=limbaugh+chinese&aq=f

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I will not sit here and entertain the rants of just any visitor that comes along. Bloggers generally want visitors that can read a post and both improve and expand on ideas, not debate them. I am looking for comments that advance thought. Insight is more productive than an insult. Be productive, not disruptive. Adding to a discussion you disagree with in a constructive manner allows the opportunity to get a feel for a view you may not have fully understood. I can pull any chucklehead off the street who disagrees with me. Don't be a chucklehead.

Comments are moderated and will not appear until I approve them.