Your Daily Mindjob
This is my personal blog where I'll offer up some political straight talk as well as thoughts on technology and pop culture. That should give me plenty to talk about. The world can give you one heck of a mindjob. Think like me and get your daily dose.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Rumor to Debunk: Obama Voting Present

I see this point being used by the McCain campaign and his Conservative supporters. The supporters like to say that Obama voted "present" the majority of the time he was in the Senate. This rumor is based on a number floating around out there. I'm pretty sure the number they use is 130.

What they forget to tell you is that out of over 4000 votes, Obama voted present 129 times. According to FactCheck.org, his "present" votes only account for about three percent of his voting record.

Where did you learn math? Redneck Institute for the Dimwitted? Explain to me how three percent is considered the most of anything?

I have two links for you to read. Of course, I am assuming you learned how to read at a different school. I sure hope your reading comprehension is better than your skills in mathematics.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/24/fact_check_obamas_present_votes/

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/how_many_times_did_obama_vote_present.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I will not sit here and entertain the rants of just any visitor that comes along. Bloggers generally want visitors that can read a post and both improve and expand on ideas, not debate them. I am looking for comments that advance thought. Insight is more productive than an insult. Be productive, not disruptive. Adding to a discussion you disagree with in a constructive manner allows the opportunity to get a feel for a view you may not have fully understood. I can pull any chucklehead off the street who disagrees with me. Don't be a chucklehead.

Comments are moderated and will not appear until I approve them.