Your Daily Mindjob
This is my personal blog where I'll offer up some political straight talk as well as thoughts on technology and pop culture. That should give me plenty to talk about. The world can give you one heck of a mindjob. Think like me and get your daily dose.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"The Doctors" Becoming Novelty Show

The Doctors is a new television show featuring a handful of physicians spending an hour answering questions. People send in email questions and audience members ask questions of their own. The docs on the show have pop quiz segments before commercial breaks. Initially, I thought the show had promise. It looked like their goal was to inform.

Sadly, the show seems to be covering more novelty topics. Did they really discuss whether or not penis size matters? Can you have sex during a woman's period? These are the new topics? I know what is going on. The execs want ratings. You don't get ratings talking about boring problems.

Obesity is a huge problem in our country. There have been some shows discussing this epidemic. It doesn't do anyone any good to get sidetracked from the important health issues facing our nation.

Doctors...

You want to help your colleagues out? Get some repetition in there. Cover obesity every single day. Repeat key phrases to motivate people towards eating healthy and exercising.

Do you want to make it interesting? Discuss current news topics. I can think of two stories Americans recently saw on the news. The first has to do with the possible HIV cure via a bone marrow transplant. The second has to do with a cancer medication being a possible cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Explain the neat science behind those stories. Feed our patients some knowledge.

Don't be a novelty show! I feel like at any given moment, the kid from the movie Jerry Maguire is going to come out and say "Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I will not sit here and entertain the rants of just any visitor that comes along. Bloggers generally want visitors that can read a post and both improve and expand on ideas, not debate them. I am looking for comments that advance thought. Insight is more productive than an insult. Be productive, not disruptive. Adding to a discussion you disagree with in a constructive manner allows the opportunity to get a feel for a view you may not have fully understood. I can pull any chucklehead off the street who disagrees with me. Don't be a chucklehead.

Comments are moderated and will not appear until I approve them.