Your Daily Mindjob
This is my personal blog where I'll offer up some political straight talk as well as thoughts on technology and pop culture. That should give me plenty to talk about. The world can give you one heck of a mindjob. Think like me and get your daily dose.

Friday, February 22, 2008

• Jack Kingston (R) Georgia got a few things wrong

The next time Republican Jack Kingston from Georgia wants to discuss Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance, he might want to check some facts at this page at Snopes first before making Barack out to be someone who isn't proud of America.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

He also went after Mrs. Obama for what she said about her American pride.

So let's take a look at what she said. Many sites and pundits are getting the quote wrong and stating the exact quote is of some importance.

"...for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country."

Kind of like how in the past I've been pissed off, but right now I'm really pissed off at Republicans who keep spinning the quote to fit their fancy. I know Republicans are not experts when it comes to a little thing called nuance. Nuance isn't part of your vocabulary, but somehow platitude is?

And Jack, you said that she has yet to come out and clarify her remarks. On Wednesday, February 20th according to the AP, she did clarify her remarks to a Rhode Island TV station. It's now Friday and you're a little behind on the news.


"What I was clearly talking about was that I'm proud in how Americans are engaging in the political process," she said. "For the first time in my lifetime, I'm seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven't seen and really trying to figure this out...and that's the source of pride that I was talking about."


Care to spit out any more bs Jack? Now, if you don't mind, I'd like you to put your hand on your chest for another pledge. I'll pull down my pants and you may kiss my ass before and after pledging your allegiance to it.

Why Bill Maher didn't go after him baffles me.

(EDIT 2/23/2008)

After perusing the internet this afternoon, I discovered I wasn't the only one flipping out over these lies Bill let slip past the filter. People apparently flooded the message boards, sent Bill emails, and blogged the bejesus out of this topic last night and this morning. I have a spot on my left butt cheek just for you Bill. You and Jack can take turns. Bill's beginning to tip over the edge, especially after the blurb on medicine where he went off last week with Bob Costas and the other guests. I'm growing less fond of his show. I'm sure he's losing lots of viewers after the last two shows. Looks like my Friday nights are going to have a little more free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I will not sit here and entertain the rants of just any visitor that comes along. Bloggers generally want visitors that can read a post and both improve and expand on ideas, not debate them. I am looking for comments that advance thought. Insight is more productive than an insult. Be productive, not disruptive. Adding to a discussion you disagree with in a constructive manner allows the opportunity to get a feel for a view you may not have fully understood. I can pull any chucklehead off the street who disagrees with me. Don't be a chucklehead.

Comments are moderated and will not appear until I approve them.