Your Daily Mindjob
This is my personal blog where I'll offer up some political straight talk as well as thoughts on technology and pop culture. That should give me plenty to talk about. The world can give you one heck of a mindjob. Think like me and get your daily dose.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Foundation For Better Life Commercial

There is a commercial by the Foundation For Better Life on TV where children who are mentally disabled are participating in a race. It resembles the Special Olympics style competition. One of the boys runs ahead of the others, but falls down flat on his face. The crowd just sits there and gawks at what just happened. The camera zooms onto a man and woman, a couple that I would assume is the boy's parents.

Now call me crazy, but if I were the parent of a kid that just ate the pavement, my ass would run down to see if he was okay. Heck, if I were on the sidelines as a spectator or coach, I'd be running to help. Instead, we get to wait and watch the children running in the race come up to the boy, help him up, and finish the race together holding hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but I will not sit here and entertain the rants of just any visitor that comes along. Bloggers generally want visitors that can read a post and both improve and expand on ideas, not debate them. I am looking for comments that advance thought. Insight is more productive than an insult. Be productive, not disruptive. Adding to a discussion you disagree with in a constructive manner allows the opportunity to get a feel for a view you may not have fully understood. I can pull any chucklehead off the street who disagrees with me. Don't be a chucklehead.

Comments are moderated and will not appear until I approve them.